Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saving On Hobby Spending

The power of the internet to help me save cash always amazes me. I'm a model railroader. Basically, I play with scale model trains in the basement. It is a huge hobby with millions of people, mostly men, who manufacture scale empires of rail and plastic in their home. I've been doing it all my life and now have a large room in the basement (two actually) to just trains.

My hobby has gotten quite expensive and one of the largest expenses I have is for magazine subscriptions. Between my National Model Railroad Association dues (magazine), Model Railroader, Railroad Model Craftsman, the Narrow Gauge and Short Line Gazette and others, I spend over $200 per year in just magazines. Well, that may all be at an end.

The Model Railroad Hobbyist is now publishing a high quality on line magazine for FREE! And not only is it a great magazine it has video, audio and full multi media ability. Incredible. I'm thinking that we'll see more and more of this as magazines continue to die here in the US.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP