Saturday, January 10, 2009

Failed to Save Money

Scott says….

I failed to save any money today.

She says…

Forgot your lunch again?

Scott says…

Yes. So I had to buy lunch at the Sandwich Shop of Death at the building. Yuck! There were too small pieces of meat on the sandwich and some cold French fries. They charged me almost $7.00!

Marie says…

So, if I take the $20 you get per week and subtract $7.00, you should have $13.00 left in your wallet. Right?

Scott says…

Wrong. Bought a few biscuits this week. And some sweet iced tea. I’ve not used one single coupon all week, either.

Marie says...

So, basically you are broke again....right?

Scott says...

Did you see that the Braves are trading Schmolz this year? (changing the topic)

Marie says…

Not good, honey. You have to carry donuts into work tomorrow morning don’t you?

Scott says…

Crap! Forgot about that. Can you go find me a coupon?

Marie says…

Bailing him out of a jam as usual.

Sometimes you’ll have a bad week. Sometimes things just don’t work out. Don’t beat yourself up! Regroup and plan for the next week. You’ll be fine and you’ll still save money. Scott is still very conscience of what he’s spending and he’s learning more every day. I probably need to provide him a more robust collection of coupons for when he has to eat out. Oh, and maybe I should make him a sandwich since I forgot last night!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP