Friday, January 9, 2009

Les Miserables?

Am I miserable? Not really.

Marie and I teach Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University class at our church on Sunday mornings. We’ve been through the class ourselves, read all the books and have been able to pay off $38,000 in debt and save $25,000 in about 1 ½ years. I’m very proud of the hard work we’ve put in to do this.

But one of the people in the class asked me “but do you live a normal life?” Another asked me if I was miserable. I had to think about that one for a while. Really, I don’t live any different than I did before. My belly shows that I eat three meals a day. I’m fully dressed and the socks don’t have holes. Ok, one hole, but it is very small. Our car takes me to work. I have God, Marie and my daughter, so I think I’m far from miserable.

No, I don’t live abnormally. But I do live debt free. In America that is abnormal. But like Dave Ramsey says…”Live like no one else so you can live like no one else.”

So maybe I don’t live normally. But I like it.

Marie says…

I like it too, honey.

2 comments:

Bethany January 10, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

Hi! I just found your site from Jenny at Southern Savers. We also LOVE Dave Ramsey. We haven't taken the FPU class, but we've read his books and listened to him on the radio. We paid off thousands of debt last year, but after suffering a loss of job and an EXPENSIVE adoption, we are back in some debt. We just set our goals to get back out of it and start more saving. I look forward to reading thru your blog. I am also from Georgia (McDonough).

Marie January 11, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

Bethany - Dave Ramsey has definitely changed our lives. It is great to get out of debt. Stick with and you will see results. :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP