Monday, January 5, 2009

Today's Negotiating Tip

Tactic: Negotiate With Cash

When you are negotiating (not haggling, which is tactical) be sure to PLAN to carry cash. There is something very magical about cash. The salesperson that sees you count the bills and move them back and forth in your hands will watch the movements very closely. I hold the cash loosely in my hands and even drop a bill for more affect. The whole time we are talking I keep asking "is that the best you can do for me?" Then I shut up. The silence is a killer and the salesperson will feel like they have to talk. Cash is still king. By paying cash you should expect at LEAST a 3-4% reduction in price just because it costs the store that much to process the credit card payment. I never use credit cards by the way, and don't even have one.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP